John C. Dew was a St. Petersburg native and the son of Jack C. Dew, one of the three founding members of our firm which began in 1915. As the oldest law firm in St. Petersburg, then known as Harris Barrett and Dew, our firm has become one of St. Petersburg’s most stable and reliable law firms during its now 100 year history. In large part, we attribute this stability to the exceptional moral and legal contributions of John C Dew who joined his father’s firm in 1959. He was a graduate of Woodberry Forest School, Williams College, and the University of Virginia Law School. Mr. Dew had been extensively involved in legal education. He served as an adjunct professor at Stetson University College of Law, teaching courses in real property, and he authored articles for and lectured in the Continuing Legal Education program of The Florida Bar. His civic commitments embraced health, social welfare, and business. He was a past president of the Salvation Army Advisory Board, the South Pinellas chapter of the American Red Cross and the Rotary Club. In 1980 Mr. Dew completed a course in theological education at the University of the South. Mr. Dew was a past president of the St. Petersburg Bar Association and a member of the Florida Bar. Mr. Dew's practice was concentrated in the areas of Corporate Law, Real estate and commercial matters. He was our revered mentor and valued leader.
Past Court Affiliations: Florida Supreme Court and all Appellate and Circuit Courts.